Catalog » Current Catalog » Transfer Information » Transfer Information

View Print/PDF

Transfer Information

Students planning to enter a university or four-year college after attending Allan Hancock College are encouraged to consult the websites of the college or university to which they intend to transfer. Admission requirements, as well as major and general education requirements, vary from institution to institution and students must assume the responsibility for selecting the courses which will permit them to achieve their educational objectives.

In addition to a wide range of general education classes, Hancock offers many of the courses that are required for the major or as preparation for the major. The professional counseling staff is available to assist students in planning a program of study that will allow them to enter the transfer institution at the junior level (upper division) in order to continue completing work toward the baccalaureate degree.

Many catalogs for institutions in both the California State University (CSU) and University of California (UC) systems and many of the California independent colleges and universities are available for student use in Hancock's University Transfer Center (UTC). The center also provides assistance in completing applications for admission to campuses of the UC and CSU systems, as well as in obtaining applications for other institutions. Other center services include: counseling appointments and drop-ins; access to the internet; transfer-related university workshops; the facilitation of direct student contact with staff from four-year colleges; tours to four-year colleges and universities; and assistance with the articulation and transferability of courses. Potential transfer students are encouraged to make full use of the resources and services available in the UTC..

Course Identification Numbering System (C-ID)

Requirements for the Associate in Arts for Transfer (AA-T) or Associate in Science for Transfer (AS-T)

Transfer Admission Guarantee

Transfer Recognition Award

Transfer to the California State University system

Transfer to the University of California system