University Transfer Center
The University Transfer Center (UTC) provides valuable information and assistance to students who plan to transfer to a four-year college or university after completing their lower division courses at Allan Hancock College. Counselors are available in the University Transfer Center to assist students with this goal.
The mission of the University Transfer Center is to identify, recruit and motivate students of diverse backgrounds to make well-informed decisions as they navigate the university transfer process and complete a baccalaureate degree and beyond.
The University Transfer Center also provides workshops and personalized support to assist students with completing university applications, understanding financial aid and clarifying the major/career related questions that typically arise during the transfer process. University field trips are held each semester for AHC students to expose them to university programs and support services.
The University Transfer Center is located at the Santa Maria campus in building A, Room 205.
Transfer Admissions Guarantee (TAG)
Six UC campuses offer guaranteed admission to California Community College students who meet specific requirements. By participating in a Transfer Admission Guarantee (TAG) program, students receive early review of their academic records, early admission notification, and specific guidance about major preparation and general education coursework.
The following colleges and universities are included within AHC’s TAG Program:
- Northern Arizona University Arizona State University
- University of California, Santa Barbara (guarantee)
- University of California, Riverside (guarantee)
- University of California, Davis (guarantee)
- University of California, Santa Cruz (guarantee)
- University of California, Irvine (guarantee)
- University of California, Merced (guarantee)
- Brandman University/Chapman University System,
Santa Maria Valley campus (guarantee)
- University of La Verne, VAFB Campus*
* Admits all eligible AHC transfer students
Allan Hancock College has a number of guarantees to Historically Black Colleges and Universities.
To contact the University Transfer Center, please call 1-805-922-6966 ext 3363.