Welding: Pipe Welding Technology
Award Type: Certificate of Achievement
The graduate of the Certificate of Achievement in Welding: Pipe Welding Technology will:
- Pass at least one welder qualification test (3G-verticle or 4G-overhead) using at least one basic process.
- Have competency in blueprint reading.
- Have a working knowledge of metallurgy.
- Do basic layout, fitting and cutting operation.
- Operate basic welding equipment in a safe manner.
- Weld, cut, and fit ferrous and non ferrous materials to industry standard.
A total of 19 units is required for the certificate.
Required core courses (19 units):
|Course Number||Course Title||Units|
|MT 109||Survey of Machining and Manufacturing||4.0|
|WLDT 106||Beginning Welding||3.0|
|WLDT 107||Advanced Welding||3.0|
|WLDT 300||Shop Math and Measurement||3.0|
|WLDT 306||Layout and Fabrication Interpretation||3.0|
|WLDT 312||Pipe Fitting & Welding||3.0|