Nursing: EKG/Monitor Observer
Award Type: Certificate of Accomplishment
This certificate course prepares the CNA to function in the role of monitor observer for those patients requiring continuous EKG monitoring.
The graduate of the Certificate of Accomplishment in Nursing: EKG/Monitor Observer will:
- Identify the role and responsibilities of the monitor observer as a member of the health care team.
- Recognize normal electrical patterns of the heart.
- Recognize life-threatening abnormal rhythms of the heart.
- Apply monitor leads correctly.
- Explain the use of the cardiac monitor as a diagnostic and monitoring tool.
A total of 1.5 units is required for the certificate.
|Course Number||Course Title||Units|
|NURS 422||EKG/Monitor Observer||1.5|