Culinary Arts and Management: Food Production Supervision
Award Type: Certificate of Accomplishment
The graduate of the Certificate of Accomplishment in Culinary Arts and Management: Food Production Supervision will:
- Denote the variety of services and business variations existing in the catering and events management sector of the hospitality industry.
- Demonstrate competency in safe, sanitary and efficient production and service operations.
- Analyze and respond to differing business climates based on best accounting and forecasting practices.
- Demonstrate competency in oral, written and electronic communications.
- Supervise and train a diverse employee pool in best industry practices.
- Follow all the governmental laws and regulations pertaining to food and beverage operations.
A total of 10 units is required for the certificate.
|Course Number||Course Title||Units|
|CA 119||Introduction to the Hospitality Industry||2.0|
|CA 125||Supervision and Training Techniques||3.0|
|CA 126||Food Production Cost, Control and Management||3.0|
|CWE 149||Cooperative Work Experience OCCUPATIONAL||1.0 - 8.0 units|