Auto Body Refinishing
Award Type: Certificate of Accomplishment
The auto body curriculum is designed to prepare students for entry level career opportunities in the auto collision industry involving auto body metal repair, frame measurement and alignment, welding, automotive electrical and refinishing techniques found in the collision industry. Emphasis is also given to safety, ethics and work habits needed to succeed in the auto collision trade.
The graduate of the Certificate of Accomplishment in Auto Body Refinishing will:
- Develop, practice, and apply good work and safety habits while in the auto body workplace.
- Determine processes and materials needed to refinish vehicle surfaces in accordance with collision industry standards.
- Demonstrate commercially acceptable skills and speed in refinishing vehicles.
- Understand the basic theory of auto body metal repair, and plastic filler application.
- Develop occupational skills including; team work, work habits, ethics, and communication skills.
- Identify estimating processes used in the collision industry.
A major of 15 units is required for the certificate.
Required core courses (15 units):
|Course Number||Course Title||Units|
|AB 351||Auto Body - Metal||3.0|
|AB 354||Selected Auto Body Paint Projects||1.0|
|AB 356||Automotive Painting Techniques||3.0|
|AB 358||Automotive Refinishing||3.0|
|AB 360||Collision Repair||5.0|