Auto Body Metal
Award Type: Certificate of Achievement
The auto body curriculum is designed to prepare students for entry level career opportunities in the auto collision industry involving auto body metal repair, frame measurement and alignment, welding, automotive electrical and refinishing techniques found in the collision industry. Emphasis is also given to safety, ethics and work habits needed to succeed in the auto collision trade.
The graduate of the Certificate of Achievement in Auto Body Metal will:
- Develop, practice and apply good work and safety habits while in the auto body workplace.
- Identify commonly used auto collision repair tools and equipment.
- Analyze types of sheet metal damage and the direction of impact to perform needed repair procedures involving frame and structural damage.
- Recognize and properly use paint equipment and materials in the automotive painting industry.
- Develop occupational skills including; team work, work habits, ethics, and communication skills.
A major of 19 units is required for the certificate.
|Course Number||Course Title||Units|
|AB 351||Auto Body - Metal||3.0|
|AB 353||Auto Body - Repair||3.0|
|AB 356||Automotive Painting Techniques||3.0|
|AB 360||Collision Repair||5.0|
|AT 303||Automotive Electricity||5.0|