Application Procedures for the Associate Degree
Allan Hancock College may automatically issue associate degrees and certificates of achievement to students who fulfill requirements. Until such time,please adhere to the following instructions:
- Students must submit an application in order to receive a degree. The Application for a Degree form is available in the Counseling office, and at the Vandenberg AFB and Lompoc Valley Center offices. The form is also available online within the Counseling department public webpage. The first date to apply for for a degree is the first day of classes of the semester in which the student will graduate. The last date to apply for a degree is listed on the academic calendar, available on the college website.
- All students applying for an associate degree must first see a counselor for a preliminary requirement check. The application must have the signature of a counselor before it will be accepted for final evaluation by the Admissions and Records office.
- All course requirements must be completed on or before the final day of classes for the semester in which the student submits an application for a degree.
- External courses, grades, and units used to meet requirements for the associate degree must be from an accredited college/university. Official copies of all transcripts from other colleges attended must be on file in the Allan Hancock College Admissions and Records office before an application for a degree may be submitted.
- Students are notified in writing of their graduation status by the Admissions and Records office, only if there is a deficiency.
- Diplomas are mailed within three months of the end date of the semester in which the degree was earned.
Students who do not satisfy the requirements for the degree for which they have applied must submit a new application during a later filing period.