Transfer Studies CSU General Education Breadth
Award Type: Certificate of Achievement
Completion of all these requirements will permit students to transfer to any CSU campus without the need, after transfer, to take additional lower-division general education courses. Students will understand the basic principles of natural sciences, social and behavioral sciences, the humanities and fine arts. Students completing this degree will understand the basic principles of these academic disciplines, their methods of inquiry, their history, and impact on society, and their relationships to each other. Students will also be able to think critically, to communicate effectively, to reason using quantitative models and to maintain their physical and mental wellbeing.
The graduate of the Certificate of Achievement in Transfer Studies CSU General Education Breadth will:
- Correctly set-up, solve, and interpret the results of a variety of computational and non-computational problems relevant to the natural sciences by applying the language, critical thinking, and mathematical skills acquired in previous courses.
- Demonstrate and understanding of the interrelationship between the creative arts, the humanities, and themselves.
- Critically explain how people act and have acted in response to their societies.
- Demonstrate and understanding of how societies and social subgroups operate.
- Communicate ideas more effectively.
- Demonstrate and ability to think logically and critically in solving problems; explaining conclusions; and evaluating, supporting or critiquing the thinking of others.
- Evaluate personal choices regarding disease prevention, healthy living, and making positive life choices.