Award Type: Associate in ScienceThe associate degree and certificate program in fashion studies prepares students to transfer to universities and technical schools of fashion and costume design and merchandising. Students integrate fashion principles, textile characteristics and personal style with marketing strategies to create and present projects and a portfolio tailored to their chosen career. Job opportunities include working with the design, production and merchandising of clothing with large manufacturers or small specialty businesses.
The graduate of the Associate in Science in Fashion Studies will:
- Integrate fashion principles with respect to industry changes and marketing strategies and present project.
- Apply design principles to fashion industry conditions to achieve personal style and present portfolio.
- Analyze textile characteristics for sensory appeal and present project.
- Apply clothing design principles to construct and present a fashion design.
- Differentiate historic fashion concepts with current design trends and present portfolio.
A major of 18 units is required for the degree. Required core courses (15 units):
|Fashion Industry and Marketing
|Fashion Design Analysis
|Apparel Construction 1
Plus a minimum of 3 units selected from the following:
|Introduction to Business