Electronics Technology: Digital Systems Technician
Award Type: Certificate of Achievement
<div style="font-family:Helvetica;font-size:small;">The electronics technology program provides the basic knowledge and skills required for a wide variety of career occupations in the field of electronics. Emphasis in Digital Systems provides the additional knowledge and skills for careers options requiring a focus on digital technologies including computer maintenance. <br /><br /><p></p></div>
The graduate of the Certificate of Achievement in Electronics Technology: Digital Systems Technician will:
- Demonstrate a fundamental mastery of knowledge and the use of electronic equipment in electrical, digital and analog circuits.
- Use computer simulation and design software to conduct, analyze and interpret electrical, digital and analog circuits.
- Make calculations involving various electrical laws, formulas and principles for predicting circuit parameters using algebra and trigonometry required for electronics.
- Use research strategies to acquire information pertinent to the solution of electronic circuits and systems.
- Write technical laboratory reports with conclusions.
- Demonstrate learned skills with a capstone project requiring you to design, build and evaluate a piece of electronic equipment
A major of 22 units is required for the certificate.
|Course Number||Course Title||Units|
|EL 118||Fundamentals of DC and AC Circuits Analysis||3.0|
|EL 119||Fundamentals of DC and AC Circuits Analysis Laboratory||2.0|
|EL 122||Electronic Devices and Circuits||3.0|
|EL 123||Electronic Devices and Circuits Laboratory||2.0|
|EL 125||Digital Devices and Circuits||3.0|
|EL 126||Digital Devices and Circuits Lab||2.0|
|EL 135||Electronic Measurement and Instrumentation||3.0|
|EL 136||Electronics Measurement and Instrumentation Laboratory||2.0|
|EL 146||Electronic Product Design, Fabrication and Documentation||2.0|